Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

38 weeks and trip to the zoo!!

We are officially one week from baby day!  So crazy to think we will have two little boys soon.  We are so excited, nervous, anxious, ready.....and already tired :).

We wanted to take Luke somewhere fun before his life totally changes.  We went to the zoo and he had an absolute blast!!!  It was a really quick trip considering I was about 38 weeks pregnant and it's August in Texas, but I'm so glad we went!  I really thought I would go into labor right there and was completely out of commission for the rest of the day but Luke loved it so totally worth it!!! Here are a few pics from the zoo and the 38 week update.
 
You would think this would be the "after the zoo, I'm exhausted pic"....nope, it was on the way there :)....sweet boy was a little out of it for the 1st half of the zoo.


 Doesn't know what to think about the gorillas!


Saying goodbye to the elephants...and all the other animals. 
 
We only did half of the zoo so we will have to go back and see the rest after #2 comes.  Good thing he doesn't really know that he missed a ton of the good animals.  They are very smart in separating all the good animals so it forces you to walk the ENTIRE zoo to see them all.  I was done when we walked passed the dippin' dots stand....I figured that was a good way to end the trip.  I can't believe they still have those!  They are so good and Luke loved them!
 
I was actually pretty impressed with the zoo.  If you get there early like we did parking is easy and you don't have to walk too far and the zoo is nice and clean.  I think you can even bring some of your own stuff in.  We saw some people with coolers.  We will definitely be back when it gets cooler!
 
Here is the 38 week update:

How far along? 38 Weeks...1 week (at most) to go!!

How big is he his week? Length of a leek...weight of a watermelon.

Best Moment of the Week?  Date night with Brent.  We went to Urban Crust in downtown Plano.  Saturday was a long day for both of us but it was nice to get out for one of our last possible nights out before the baby.  They have great pizza too!!

Trouble Sleeping? Yes...I am waking up a lot in the night

Miss Anything? Wearing normal clothes and feeling normal 

Movement? All the time!

Food Cravings? Still sonic drinks and spicy food.  We can also add Dippin' Dots to this list...I drove to a random mall for these one day only to find out they have them much closer to my house!  I'm kinda over having cravings...I will get something in my head and will go crazy until I go and get it. 

Belly Button - In or Out? The top part pretty much stays out the whole time now....it did this with Luke too.

Symptoms?  Constant Braxton Hicks!  All day...everyday!

Wedding Ring - Off or on? On, but it comes off the second I get home.

Happy or Moody? Not moody....just pretty exhausted all the time.  Thank goodness I have Brent around to help with Luke....he will wear you out in NO time :).

Looking Forward to? Meeting our sweet baby boy in a week!! And, of course, the sono Friday.  I am anxious to see what they say he weighs and compare to how much he really does on Wednesday.  I always wonder how accurate this is.  They said Luke would be a pretty big baby (around 8lbs) and that was pretty off.

No comments:

Post a Comment